Students in this SparkTank program will have the opportunity to:
- Report to the job site on time and work with a good attitude
- Learn as much about the place of employment as possible.
- Use technology as a tool to access information and solve problems.
- Display the ability to effectively manage time and resources.
- Display the ability to set goals, solve problems and persevere.
“I appreciate the opportunity to be in the school to work program because it gives me insight into what I want to do after high school.”Riley Barker, 2021
Businesses we’ve worked with:
- Anderson-Larkin Associates
- Vista Woods Care Center
- Vaughn Automotive
- Ottumwa Community School District
- Noel Insurance Agency
- ReMax Real Estate
- Farmer’s Insurance Agency
- Hindman-Person Heating and A/C
- Hite Trucking
On the job training experiences have always been a particularly effective way for high school students to integrate into actual work settings to get a first-hand sense of what that job experience feels like. Our experience at NOEL Insurance with the student training program through the School to Work program has been beneficial for our business, as well as our student-employee. We have actually gotten a great employee from the program and have had the ability to mentor that student-employee to help expand his career options. The School to Work program has already proven in just a short period of time how beneficial it is to helping students get hands on training and experiences in actual employment settings.Eldon Hunsicker
President of Noel Insurance